1 TIMOTHY 3:16-17

"All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us...God uses it to prepare and equip His people to do every good work."

Sunday, May 8, 2011

PROVERBS - A Proverbs Tribute to My Mom

Who can find a virtuous and capable [mother]?

I can.

She's my mom.

She is more precious than rubies.

I think my mom is priceless.

[I] can trust her, and she will greatly enrich [my] life.

She is my confidante, my listening ear and shoulder to cry on. She's my best friend. I can't imagine my life without her.

She brings good, not harm – all the days of her life.

My mom has made my life's journey so much easier, so much better. She always thinks of my best interests.

She finds wool and flax and busily spins it.

My mom always made sure that I had nice, clean clothes to wear.

She [brings] her food from afar.

I can't count the miles she has walked in the grocery store. She still sneaks food to me!

She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household…

I couldn't begin to count the meals my mom prepared – the sack lunches she packed. All that food was her way of saying, "I love you."

…and plan the day's work.

My mom planned her days – always working to maintain our household, while at the same time creating a home.

She goes to inspect a field and buys it.

My mom was wise with money – she knew when to save it, and she knew when to give it away.

She is energetic and strong, a hard worker.

Yes, even now when her steps have slowed, my mom continues to work tirelessly for the betterment of our family. And she is never too tired for me.

Her lamp burns late into the night.

How many times did my mom stay up late at night, waiting for me to come home safely? Or how many times did she lose sleep, just to talk with me? She still does.

She extends a helping hand to the poor and opens her arms to the needy.

My mom is the most generous woman I know. She unselfishly shares her money, her time, her heart – with family, yes – but also with strangers.

She is clothed with strength and dignity.

My mother is poised and charming, modest and honorable. She has never dealt with anyone harshly. She possesses a quiet strength that I try to copy.

She laughs without fear of the future.

My mom knows to whom she belongs – both now and forever. She has total faith and hope in the Lord who holds her securely.

When she speaks, her words are wise.

I still turn to my mom for counsel and advice. She speaks from experience. She speaks from a lifetime of following the Lord. She talks, and I listen.

She gives instructions with kindness.

My mom has never made me feel stupid, or inconvenient, or bothersome, or tiring. Her discipline was always given with love. She has always held my heart with kindness.

Her children stand and bless her.

I bless her!

She is a treasure beyond measure. She carefully watches all of her children, and her grandchildren. They are never far from her thoughts or her prayers.

There are many virtuous and capable women in the world – but you surpass them all!

Oh Mom, you're the absolute best!

Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the LORD will be greatly praised.

My mother's face shines with the graceful glow of the Holy Spirit. I love her for herself – and I love her for leading me to the feet of Jesus.

Reward her for all she has done.

Mom, these words express just a small portion of the love and gratitude I have in my heart. For words will never begin to tell you what I owe you. Thank you for being such a great mother, such a caring friend, and such a kindred spirit. Thank you for bringing Jesus to me, and for helping me along as I seek to follow Him. I'm so glad you're still a part of my life - and that I'll always be your little girl.

I can't wait to spend eternity with you!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, Mom – love you forever!


****A very Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!!****


(Thoughts based on Proverbs 31)


(Please join me with Peggy at Super Sunday, and Charlotte and Ginger at Spiritual Sundays. And feel free to visit my daily blog, Sharon Sharing God, during the week!)


"When in doubt, search God out!"

8 comments:

  1. Good Morning Sharon!

    Happy Mothers Day to you!

    What a wonderful tribute to your mother based on Proverbs 31. Just awesome. My mom is also an example of Proverbs 31. Have a wonderful blessed day.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessed Mother's Day Sharon! and a wonderful tribute of your mom from Proverbs 31! I learned so much seeing this applied in such heartfelt ways! Once again, I will say like mother like daughter...AMEN!!!

    "SHARON shines with the graceful glow of the Holy Spirit. I love her for herself – and I love her for leading us to the feet of Jesus."

    Truly a blessing to reflect on how our mothers changed our lives or influenced us. There could not be a better tribute than P31! May God lead us all to exemplify Him in our P31 living of Godly principles and LOVE!!!

    Love and hugs,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading Proverbs.What a great tribute to your mom.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful tribute of a Proverbs 31 woman. I hope your day has been one filled with God's presence and the love of your family.

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tribute to your Mom on Super Sunday as well as Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful tribute to your mom. You are blessed.
    I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy - Thanks so much. Aren't we so lucky to have mothers who model faithful living for us? I had a wonderful Mother's Day - hoping that you did, too.

    Peggy - Thank you for your very kind words. I feel very fortunate to have my mom. She is a blessing. And if I resemble her in any way, then I am truly blessed. Yes, may God teach us to be P31 women!

    Ginger - Thank you. My mom is so special, and it was a treat to share her with others in Blog Land.

    Pamela - I had a wonderful day, and I trust that you did, too. We are so very fortunate to have our families. And I can't think of too many better ways to spend Mother's Day than in their presence, and in the presence of our Lord!

    Alice - Thank you so much. It's so important to honor our moms. They have truly done so much for us. Did you have a day of celebration, too?

    Hoping you all had a special Mother's Day! Know that God gave mothers a very important job to do. And He is with us every step of the way - granting wisdom, strength, patience, and faith!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charlotte - I'm SO SORRY I missed leaving you a response to your comment - senior moment!! I truly was and am blessed to have my very special mom in my life. I had a wonderful Mother's Day - trust that you did, too!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete

"So I have been greatly encouraged in the midst of my troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives me new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How I thank God for you!"
(1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!