1 TIMOTHY 3:16-17

"All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us...God uses it to prepare and equip His people to do every good work."

Sunday, June 10, 2012

BIBLE PICK 'EMS - God...He Rules!


If you recall, these were my original thoughts about "Pick 'ems":

I know it probably isn't "spiritually PC" to randomly open the Bible and expect to find a meaningful verse – it opens the door to the whole "out of context" dilemma. (And...you might just find yourself in Leviticus!!) But, I decided that I wanted to do this, along with my regular reading through the Bible. The way I figured it, I wasn't *testing* God – in other words, "prove something to me, Lord" – I was *trusting* God – "show something to me, Lord." After all, don't we know that His Word is living, breathing, and powerful?!

So, I'm pickin' every day – letting you know what was going on with me that day – and then I'm going to sum up the *theme of the week* that I think God was impressing on my heart.

Hope you're as blessed as I've been!!


MONDAY - (renting the first U-haul truck for our big *move* up the hill - it's really gonna happen - scary!)  "I trust in the LORD for protection...the LORD is in his holy Temple; the LORD still rules from heaven."  (Psalm 11:1, 4)

TUESDAY - (trying to make tons of decisions)  "If my misery could be weighed and my troubles be put on the scales, they would outweigh all the sands of the sea...At least I can take comfort in this: Despite the pain, I have not denied the words of the Holy One."  (Job 6:2,10)

WEDNESDAY - (traveling a 4-hour round-trip up and back to the new house)  "But I am trusting you, O LORD, saying, "You are my God !"  My future is in your hands...Let your favor shine on your servant."  (Psalm 31:14-16)

THURSDAY - (struggling to find internet for the new house - will it work out?) "How long, O LORD, must I call for help?...The LORD replied, 'Look around...look and be amazed!  For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn't believe even if someone told you about it." 
(Habakkuk 1:2, 5)

FRIDAY - (under a lot of pressure - money issues)  "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries.  Today's trouble is enough for today."  (Matthew 34:6)

SATURDAY - (the old house is emptying out, feeling sad)  "...God will surely come to help you and lead you out of this land...He will bring you back to the land he solemnly promised to give..."  (Genesis 50:24)

Well, the moving *saga* continues.  I have been plagued by time and money pressures, and the increasing reality that I am actually leaving this old, familiar home and place.  I've been frustrated with setbacks, and scared about the upcoming future.

But, God spoke plainly this week.  His message?  HE is still in control - HE is still on His throne.  And He continues to accompany me every step of this new journey.

He is there - He is the same God that has reigned forever!


What has God said to YOU this week?


"When in doubt, search God out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So I have been greatly encouraged in the midst of my troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives me new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How I thank God for you!"
(1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!