1 TIMOTHY 3:16-17

"All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us...God uses it to prepare and equip His people to do every good work."

Sunday, June 3, 2012

BIBLE PICK 'EMS - The Strength of My Heart


If you recall, these were my original thoughts about "Pick 'ems":

I know it probably isn't "spiritually PC" to randomly open the Bible and expect to find a meaningful verse – it opens the door to the whole "out of context" dilemma. (And...you might just find yourself in Leviticus!!) But, I decided that I wanted to do this, along with my regular reading through the Bible. The way I figured it, I wasn't *testing* God – in other words, "prove something to me, Lord" – I was *trusting* God – "show something to me, Lord." After all, don't we know that His Word is living, breathing, and powerful?!

So, I'm pickin' every day – letting you know what was going on with me that day – and then I'm going to sum up the *theme of the week* that I think God was impressing on my heart.

Hope you're as blessed as I've been!!


MONDAY - (had a fight with a family member)  "David got back everything...Nothing was missing: small or great, son or daughter, nor anything else that had been taken.  David brought everything back."
(1 Samuel 30:18-19)

TUESDAY - (extremely tired)  "I replied, 'But my work seems so useless!  I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose.  Yet I leave it all in the LORD'S hand; I will trust God for my reward."  (Isaiah 49:4)

WEDNESDAY - (very sad today)  "When Hezekiah heard this, he turned his face to the wall and prayed to the LORD, 'Remember, O LORD, how I have always been faithful to you and have served you single-mindedly, always doing what pleases you.'  Then he broke down and cried bitterly...'This is what the LORD...says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears.'"
(Isaiah 38:2-3, 5)

THURSDAY - (feeling very lonely about moving away from my whole family and my friends)  "My wound is severe, and my grief is great...My home is gone, and no one is left...My children have been taken away, and I will never see them again."
"But the LORD is the only true God.  He is the living God and the everlasting King!"  (Jeremiah 10:19-20, 10)

FRIDAY - (crazy busy, hassles)  "Now go up into the hills...and rebuild my house.  Then I will take pleasure in it and be honored, says the LORD...'I am with you, says the LORD!'"  (Haggai 1:8, 13)

SATURDAY - (packing, packing, packing)  "But now the LORD my God has given me peace on every side; I have no enemies, and all is well.  So I am planning to build...to honor the name of the LORD my God..."  (1 Kings 5:4-5)


Well, needless to say, this was a tough week.  The emotions connected to moving are beginning to really sink in - and they are affecting me more because I'm tired.  The message that God continued to give me this week is that HE will provide me with strength.

As always, my life is in His hands...

...and He continues to uphold me.


What has God said to YOU this week?


"When in doubt, search God out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So I have been greatly encouraged in the midst of my troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives me new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How I thank God for you!"
(1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!