1 TIMOTHY 3:16-17

"All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us...God uses it to prepare and equip His people to do every good work."

Monday, July 5, 2010

LAMENTATIONS - Woe is Me!

Times are tough, aren’t they? It doesn’t seem like you can count on anything anymore. The earth is quaking and shaking, the environment is being poisoned, the economy is falling apart, and governments can’t be trusted. It’s a time of great upheaval.

Our world is filled with poverty, injustice, rebellion, and uncertainty.

Where can we turn for help – where can we turn for hope?

Today’s “Bible Pick ‘Ems” comes from the book of Lamentations. The prophet Jeremiah wrote this book, during a time of great sadness for the nation of Judah. The Babylonians had destroyed Jerusalem, and her people had been killed, tortured, or taken captive.

But Jeremiah affirmed that there was hope in the midst of affliction.

He knew that God would bring future restoration and blessing. He banked on God’s faithfulness, always trusting in the unshakeable promises of a loving and merciful Lord.

“Peace has been stripped away…Everything I had hoped for from the LORD is lost. The thought of my suffering…is bitter beyond words. I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. YET I STILL DARE TO HOPE when I remember this:

THE FAITHFUL LOVE OF THE LORD NEVER ENDS!

His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, ‘The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!
…I called on your name, LORD, from deep within the pit. You heard me when I cried…Yes, you came when I called; you told me, ‘
DO NOT FEAR.’”
(Lamentations 3:17-24, 56-57)


What causes your tears?

God knows about them – every single one.

“You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.” (Psalm 56:8)

Rest assured, God is there – in every moment, every day. He will never fail you; He will never forsake you. His plan and purpose for your life is being worked out, even in times of suffering and hardship.

Yes, my dear friends, we have a bright hope for tomorrow!

"When in doubt, search God out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So I have been greatly encouraged in the midst of my troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives me new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How I thank God for you!"
(1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!