1 TIMOTHY 3:16-17

"All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us...God uses it to prepare and equip His people to do every good work."

Sunday, May 27, 2012

BIBLE PICK 'EMS - Never Alone


If you recall, these were my original thoughts about "Pick 'ems":

I know it probably isn't "spiritually PC" to randomly open the Bible and expect to find a meaningful verse – it opens the door to the whole "out of context" dilemma. (And...you might just find yourself in Leviticus!!) But, I decided that I wanted to do this, along with my regular reading through the Bible. The way I figured it, I wasn't *testing* God – in other words, "prove something to me, Lord" – I was *trusting* God – "show something to me, Lord." After all, don't we know that His Word is living, breathing, and powerful?!

So, I'm pickin' every day – letting you know what was going on with me that day – and then I'm going to sum up the *theme of the week* that I think God was impressing on my heart.

Hope you're as blessed as I've been!!


MONDAY - (doing demolition at the new house, feeling exhausted)  "The LORD gives his people strength.  The LORD blesses them with peace."  
(Psalm 29:11)

TUESDAY - (worried about how our home inspection was going to turn out)  "Then he [Jesus] asked them, 'Why are you afraid?  Do you still have no faith?'"  (Mark 4:40)

WEDNESDAY - (family meeting with my aging parents, discussing their future)  "But the LORD will redeem those who serve him.  No one who takes refuge in him will be condemned."  (Psalm 34:22)

THURSDAY - (trying to sort out all the very confusing paperwork of escrow)  "Then the LORD gave this message to Solomon: 'Concerning the Temple you are building, if you keep all my decrees and regulations and obey all my commands, I will fulfill through you the promise I made...'"  (1 Kings 6:12)

FRIDAY - (traveling again up to our new home, wondering about the uncertain future)  "'Then I, myself, will be a protective wall...around Jerusalem, says the LORD.  And I will be the glory inside the city!'" 
(Zechariah 2:5)

SATURDAY - (feeling lonely, scared about moving away from family)   "'Can anyone hide from me in a secret place?  Am I not everywhere in all the heavens and earth?' says the LORD."  (Jeremiah 23:24)

The reality of moving is settling in.  And the very tiring work of packing and paperwork is heavy.  This was a week when I was quite consumed thinking about the future.

God's message this week was this truth: He NEVER leaves His loved ones alone, and He is already present in every moment of their future.

He goes before me...


What has God said to YOU this week?


"When in doubt, search God out!"


1 comment:

"So I have been greatly encouraged in the midst of my troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives me new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How I thank God for you!"
(1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!