1 TIMOTHY 3:16-17

"All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us...God uses it to prepare and equip His people to do every good work."

Sunday, May 13, 2012

BIBLE PICK 'EMS - A Mother's Day Poem


A MOTHER

She carries you for nine months,
Then cares for you
Forever...
She watches out for you
when you are young,
Then watches over you
for a lifetime...
She holds you closely in her arms
for a while,
Then tightly in her heart
Always...
She is there through every change,
Then never changes 
herself...
She teaches you about life,
Then lets you leave home...
and live -

A mother is
every gift of God
wrapped up in one person -
Joy, Peace
Patience, Kindness, Goodness
Faithfulness, Gentleness, Self-control
And most of all...
Love.

Though I am no longer a child,
I will always be 
My mother's child
And that is comfort personified -

My mother is
A safe place to be
A soft place to fall
A refuge in every storm...
She calms the winds of life
And helps smooth
the paths
I have chosen to walk.

I have never questioned 
Her love
or her faithfulness,
My faith in her
has never faltered...
She is the sun
that rises every morning,
And the promise
of a new day.

She is
The keeper of secrets,
The spark
to my dreams,
The footsteps
that walk beside me -
She is the one
on the sidelines
who whispers quietly,
with hands
folded in prayer
and
tears in her eyes,
"Go...go...go,
I'm here."

She is 
The quiet heartbeat
that keeps time
with my own...

My mother is
My best friend,
The beacon
of my life...

My mother is home...

© Sharon Jean Kirby
May 10, 2007


I LOVE YOU, MOM!


"Listen, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone.  And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today.  Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up.  Tie them to your hands and wear them on your forehead as reminders.  Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates." (Deuteronomy 6:4-9)

Thank you, Mom, for leading me to Jesus when I was young.

"Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it." (Proverbs 22:6)

And thank you, Mom, for always showing me how to follow Him.


**********
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all of you wonderful moms out there!!
**********

"When in doubt, search God out!"

2 comments:

"So I have been greatly encouraged in the midst of my troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives me new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How I thank God for you!"
(1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!