1 TIMOTHY 3:16-17

"All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us...God uses it to prepare and equip His people to do every good work."

Sunday, August 1, 2010

PSALMS - Praise the Lord!

Today's "Bible Pick 'Ems" is so wonderful, I think I'll let it speak for itself!

(From Psalm 148, 149, and 150)

"Praise the LORD from the heavens! Praise him from the skies! Praise him, all his angels! Praise him, all the armies of heaven! Praise him, sun and moon! Praise him, all you twinkling stars! Praise him, skies above!

Let every created thing give praise to the LORD, for he issued his command, and they came into being. He set them into place forever and ever...

Praise the LORD from the earth, you creatures of the ocean depths, fire and hail, snow and clouds, wind and weather that obey him, mountains and hills...[animals and birds], kings of the earth and all people, rulers and judges of the earth, young men and young women, old men and children.

Let them all praise the name of the LORD.

For his name is very great; his glory towers over the earth and heaven!

He has made his people strong, honoring his faithful ones - the people...who are close to him.

Sing to the LORD a new song.

For the LORD delights in his people; he crowns the humble with victory. Let the faithful rejoice that he honors them. Let them sing for joy...Let the praises of God be in their mouths...

Praise the LORD! ...praise him in his mighty heaven! Praise him for his mighty works; praise his unequaled greatness! ...

LET EVERYTHING THAT BREATHES SING PRAISES TO THE LORD!

Praise the LORD!"


Oh Lord, I can hardly contain myself when I think of how glorious You are! I am overwhelmed by Your majesty - humbled by the greatness of Your presence! And to know that You LOVE me...this is a wonder too wonderful to comprehend! Thank You, Lord, for Your gracious mercies, your faithfulness that is new EACH morning!

I LOVE YOU, LORD - forever!!

"When in doubt, search God out!"

4 comments:

  1. I sat outside early this morning watching the sunrise. (I love worshiping the Lord in an outdoor setting). This is a perfect passage of scripture to reflect upon as I listened to the birds and the gentle breeze.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Joan above. This is a favorite passage, and I think sitting outside and reading it aloud would be just... plain... worship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. Thanks for following. I can't wait to read any comments you may have. I look forward to following you as well. And yes, there is just something so serene in reading the Word while listening to the birds sing their glorious songs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...Praise the Lord! He is indeed unequaled in greatness! His majesty is seen in all He does and in all He has created. Thanks for sharing your encouraging words. And thank you for stopping by my blog earlier today. Blessings to you!

    Living for Him, Joan

    ReplyDelete

"So I have been greatly encouraged in the midst of my troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith. It gives me new life to know that you are standing firm in the Lord. How I thank God for you!"
(1 Thessalonians 3:7-9)

Thanks for your comments - it is such a joy to be sharing my journey with friends like YOU!